SHOWMARK MEDIA, LLC respects your privacy. This policy explains the privacy practices of Showmark and anyone on behalf of Showmark (together will be referred to as: "Showmark") on www.showmark.com, Showmark applications, including the purchase of Showmark products (the "Website" and "Products" respectively, or collectively: the “Service"). It describes the process Showmark collects and uses your personal information in the Service, the rights and options available to you with respect to such information and how you can verify or control the use of the information that you provide to Showmark through the Website.
Personal information that you provide
Showmark does not knowingly collect your personal identifiable information without your consent. When you register with the Service, Showmark will ask you to provide certain personal details such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, address and other information.
Following the registration, you may be asked about your personal interests. Accordingly, the Service will be able to offer you content that meets these interests.
You may upload your personal information to the Service and share the information with Showmark. The personal details that you upload, will not be accessible to other users and will not appear in search results of the Service.
If you decide to register to purchase Products on line, you will be asked to provide Showmark additional information, such as credit card details (credit card number and expiration date), delivery and billing address (including address, city, state, country and zip/postal code). To protect your personal information, Showmark may also ask you to provide a username and password.
Showmark may collect additional personally identifiable information when you exchange communications with Showmark through the contact page. For example, if you submit an inquiry to Showmark customer support or when you choose to share your personal details with Showmark.
When you use the Website or purchase a Product, Showmark may use various technological measures to collect further information about your habits and store such information in web server log files, to maintain and enhance the Services and to customize your experience. For example, Showmark may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Website, the duration of your sessions, the web pages that you visit, the information that you read, products that you are interested in, or that you purchase, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to sign-in or use the Website. Showmark may collect and organize such information either by itself or by other third parties' services, like Google Analytics, for internal purposes, such as tracking on number of visitors, Products views, categories views, general online sales, sales of specific Products, etc. In any event, the information collected will be used solely under the terms of this policy.
Personal Information that Showmark collects
Showmark may collect additional information related to your use of the Service. For example, Showmark may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Service, the duration of your sessions, the web pages that you visit, information that you read, your communications with other users and third parties on the Service, the Internet protocol (IP) address, the name of the domain that serves you to access the Service, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to log-in to the Service.
What does Showmark do with your personally identifiable information?
Showmark may use your personally identifiable information for the following purposes only:
· to enable you to use the Service;
· to improve and customize your experience as well as the experience of other users on the Service;
· to better learn and understand customers' preferences;
· to provide you with support, handle inquiries and complaints, process payments and to send you updates, notices and announcements;
· to collect fees and debts,
· to provide you with information related to the Service;
· to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
· to post your content on the Service and to facilitate communication between you and the Service and between you and others;
· to contact you as and when Showmark believes it to be necessary;
· to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Showmark has a good faith belief that Showmark’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards;
· to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Service;
· to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
The information Showmark shares with others
Showmark does not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties for any of their marketing purposes.
Showmark may share personally identifiable information with others in any of the following instances, or subject to your explicit consent:
- When you use the Service. In these cases, Showmark will share your information only to the extent required to facilitate your use of the Service;
- If Showmark is required, or reasonably believes that is required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Showmark, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
- In any case where Showmark may reasonably believe that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or damage to property;
- If Showmark organizes the operation of the Service within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if Showmark is acquired by, or merged with another entity, provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, with respective changes taken into consideration;
- Showmark may also share personally identifiable information with companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with Showmark, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this policy.
- When Showmark processes your payments, your personal information may be shared with the credit card issuer, or the online payment service, as applicable;
- To operate the Service and Showmark ’s services, including to process payments, to send messages, and to provide search results and links;
Provisions relevant to Non U.S. users and Experts
Showmark operates the Service and processes personal information on computer servers located in the United States. Showmark may process and store personal information on computer servers located in other jurisdictions, for back-up, redundancy and other purposes that Showmark deems necessary to the operation of the Service.
You provide your explicit consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States and other jurisdictions as described above and acknowledge that the laws concerning processing and storing personal information in those jurisdictions may differ from the laws of your home country.
How does Showmark use aggregated information?
Showmark may use anonymous, statistical and aggregated information collected on the Service, including posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information through the Service, or to users on the Service, to suppliers, affiliates, partners and any other third party, at the Service's sole discretion.
Showmark may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information to properly operate and administer the Service, to improve the quality of the Service, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, for further internal, commercial and statistical
Showmark provides you with an opportunity to opt-out of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. At any time you may opt out of Showmark's mailing lists, or if you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications or our service related announcements by sending Showmark an email to: email@example.com
or calling Showmark at: 1-203-651-6001. In any case, Showmark will not share your personally identifiable information with any advertisers, without your explicit consent. It may take Showmark up to ten (10) business days for your opt-out request to take effect.
If you wish to delete your personally identifiable information that is stored in Showmark's database, you may notify Showmark of such request at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Showmark will inform you whether it accepted your request. Showmark may refuse your request, for example, if Showmark believes that deletion of certain information may jeopardize certain activities on the Website, or harm other users. In any case, Showmark may keep any aggregated information for statistical, marketing and other purposes.
Accessing your personal information
At any time you may access your account on the Service and edit, or amend your personal information. If you find that the information on your account is not accurate, complete or updated, then you must make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may prevent you from registering with the Service, and impair the ability to provide you with services available through the Service, and provide you with support or to contact you when required.
Data retention and disclosure to the authorities
Showmark may at all times review, retain and disclose any information in Showmark's possession and as it deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, as well as Showmark's internal needs.However, by doing so Showmark does not either expressly or impliedly endorse, affirm or in any manner assume any responsibility for such information.
The cookies may contain a variety of information, such as the content of search queries, the Service's pages you have accessed, session durations and IP addresses.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer’s hard drive. If you wish to block the Service's cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Service, or certain features thereof.
Showmark implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although Showmark takes great efforts to protect your privacy, Showmark cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the Service and the Service's databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse, or that your private communications on or through the Service will remain private.
Showmark may from time to time change the terms of this policy. Substantial changes will take effect 30 days after Showmark has posted an initial notification on the Service's homepage or any other relevant web pages on the Service, with respect to such changes. Other changes will take effect 7 days after their initial posting on the Service, unless Showmark amends the Terms to comply with legal requirements. In such cases the amendments will become effective immediately upon their initial posting, or as required.
You agree to be bound by any of the changes made in the terms of this policy. Continuing to use the Service will indicate your acceptance of the amended terms. If you do not agree with any of the amended terms, you must avoid any further use of the Service.
, or by calling Showmark at: 1-203-651-6001.
Last Updated: December 2014